Tuesday 1 April 2008

an opening in the earth

Couple of days ago I came home from work rather tired. It wasn’t the easiest shift ever worked and I have been also engaged in a lot of singing that day. Singing of all sort of songs. I was trying my voice hoping to get hold of a power song. The filth of a night club in the morning is not a good place for this.
Nevertheless. I have give my energy to the spirits much as I could, honoring they presents and effort. I know of course that such song is to be acquired by me but guidance is always welcome. Had fun singing. Good about working alone often, is the being alone. No need for social considerations. Whatever voice leaves your throat… none to hear. So I sang and became tired more than usual which I felt when getting home.

Waiting for our slot in the sauna I lay on the couch and hoped to fall asleep. A noose would have felt nice but sleep did not wish to come to me and I was growing inpatient, alert yet also relaxed and comfortable. I was thinking about a place of which memory I hold dear. It is a simple place and also peaceful. I like being there even if it is only possible now by calling on my memories of it. At this place there was a hole in the ground, an opening in the earth. Something that is often of great importance in Shamanic experiences. As I fell asleep I entered this hole and was not in the dreamworld but I was dreaming. Some call it seeing some calls it journeying.

Without drumming and appropriate preparations it has taken me all my efforts to keep me in the vortex of tunnels between worlds. I was not meant to be there now and I could sense some hostility. Many creatures I have encountered, all kinds and shapes. Dragon likes, some insects, and more reptiles. Although none has showed serious opposition, I could pass easily without having to return. I did not know where I was going and why. I had no purpose and that was the reason of hostility. I considered to return but I met someone. It may have been my guardian spirit or an other who have taken pity on me for I was lost. He took me and showed me a fantastic many places that I had difficulties keeping up with him, keeping my focus. It was like traveling on a train that only stops for seconds at each town. I managed however and finally it took me to a place where I felt relaxed the moment I put my feet down. I heard voices from behind me so I turned around. The partner, spirit helper had something to say but first he told me to listen.

My effort to keep in the state of mind that allowed me to be there have failed here. Never before in non ordinary reailty I have had the pleasure of hearing and the surprise and excitement of it was too great and dragged me our from my altered state of consciousness that was induced only by the memory of a peaceful place and entering into the opening in the earth there. My trance was far to shallow. I was back on the couch, awake. I recounted my experience and decided to fall asleep while I still had time.

No comments: